- Personal Information We Collect
We Collect Personal Information You Choose To Provide. You may visit and enjoy many elements of the TPS Properties without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, if you choose to make use of select, special or enhanced elements of the TPS Properties, you may need to share with us certain personal information so those elements may function properly. When you use certain enhanced elements within the TPS Properties (e.g., register for an event, make a purchase or publish a comment), the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Email address
- Street address
- Telephone number(s)
- Payment data
- Location data
- Data specifically requested in relation to an activity or an event (e.g. emergency contact information)
- Data provided by third parties if you choose to connect your use of our services through a third-party service
If we collect your information, in most instances, the applicable page(s) or location(s) within the TPS Property will include statements regarding what information is required and functionality for you to submit required or requested information.
- How, and for What Purpose, We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- To provide you with information you have requested, or with products, services or content you have purchased, used or otherwise engaged with (e.g., a ticket, rewards program, subscription to goods or services, etc.) and to communicate with you (including via postal mail) about the same.
- In connection with loyalty, membership or rewards programs operated or accessible from the TPS Properties. In accordance with any other permission you provide at the time you submit such information to us.
- Other Information Collected
Technical Information. When you use the TPS Properties, we use software tools, including but not limited to cookies (small amounts of data which include a unique string of characters sent to your browser or application from a website's computers and stored on your computer's or device's hard drive), web beacons (technology used to track activity, also known as pixel tags) and similar technologies, to collect a variety of information, for example the IP address of the computer or device used to access an TPS Property, the type of Internet browser or operating system used to access an TPS Property, the date and duration of a Website visit or the IP address used to access the Website. We use such technical information for internal purposes, for example to study and improve the response times of our Website. We may associate such technical information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Please be advised that associating technical information with personal information may be required for us, and our Service Providers, to recognize you and your communications with us, for example to retain your newsletter preferences.
Other Advertising. We share certain data with Social Networks (as defined below) such as Twitter, Facebook, to allow us to target existing users and customers with highly relevant advertising campaigns. We will not share your name, address, email address or telephone number for the purposes of such campaigns. Instead, a unique code (hashed email address) is shared with the applicable Social Network in order for that identifier to be matched against existing users of the relevant Social Network and to identify potentially relevant audiences for targeted advertising. We use services such as LinkedIn Matched Audiences and Facebook Custom Audiences for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive advertisements in this way, please follow the links in the paragraph above.
In addition to advertisements for our own goods and services, we may also facilitate third parties to advertise their own goods and services including by targeting those advertisements to those that might be most interested in them. These advertisements may be shown within our Games. This is done using information which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number and we will not share or sell any of your personal information to third party advertisers. In order to provide advertisements relevant to you, your IP address will be used, as well as your operating system and device type. Information about your particular device will be used to show you advertisements which work properly on that device.
- Managing Your Personal Information
You may choose and control what information you provide about yourself and certain information which is automatically collected via the TPS Properties. If you do not wish to provide certain information necessary for enhanced functionality or content on the TPS Properties, please do not use such functionality or content. If you have registered for an account through our Website, you may review and revise certain of your account information by logging in, and then navigating the left-hand menu options. You may modify your subscriptions to our various promotional email communications and newsletters by accessing the "Email Subscriptions" section within your Website account.
Remember that when you share information publicly online, it may be indexable by search engines or recorded by others, and any search engine index or record of your information may persist after you delete the information at the original source.
In addition, subject to limitations as provided for by applicable data protection legislation you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of its processing, or the transfer of your personal data to another data controller. Please contact us as specified below if you wish to do so.
- Other Information; Contact Us
- No Spyware or Adware. We do not install any Spyware or Adware in connection with the TPS Properties, or distribute any commercial message, or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message, by means of Spyware or Adware. "Spyware" or "Adware" is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user's computer or device, without the user's actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user. If you feel you may have Spyware from another company installed on your machine, there are various anti-Spyware/Adware software applications available on the Internet to identify if this has occurred.
- Taiwan Photonics Society
- Room 425, 4F., Kwoh-Ting Optoelectronics Building, National Central University,300, Chung-Da Rd., Chung-Li District,Taoyuan City, Taiwan R.O.C. 32001
- Phone: +886-3-427-1466
- Email: LED.TPS@gmail.com